Monday, February 7, 2011

*sigh*

 There's such a thing as holding on
     You can love so dearly but find it gone
     The things you cherish are soon to leave
     I told you once looks can deceive
     The memories so bittersweet
     My thoughts of you, they aren't a treat
     You promised something but surely forgot
     The flower told me you loved me not
     The sun it faded into the night
     The tears they fell like rain from the sky
     I held on so tightly never letting go
     I promised myself your love would show
     But like I said, looks do deceive
     You never meant it but I still believed
     The stars I wished on, they never fell
     The pennies I tossed got lost in the well
     The flowers I tore so graciously apart
     So many things wasted on a broken heart.

No comments: