Thursday, January 27, 2011

I GREW UP WAY TOO FAST

i remember when i could sleep on my mummy's bed  tossing, turning and drooling.
i remember when my sister and i would fight over babries.
i remember those days i would wear lace socks with my AUNTY GIVE ME CAKE dress
i remember those days we would have tea parties with natasha and osaro.
i remember when thy would cut my meat and mix my rice and stew 4 me 2 eat.
i remember those days i would play hide and seek with my mummy.
and those days grandma, mummy, doyin and i would go swimming on saturday mornings.
i remember when everybody was my friend because it was my birthday.
i remember when  wearing half tops and bootlegs wer cool.
i remember all the caprisone and sweets from that party pack
i remember when putting red and white beads to match my corona school uniform was soo cool.
where did the days of buying 1naira robot chewing gum go?
the days of Tales by moonlight, speakout, super story, papa ajasco ?
the days you would buy coke and fanta for 15naira?

what happened to the days  when we went for people’s birthday and danced to “hoo yay, I wish u hapi birthday” “hoo yay, very merry merry hapi returns”
whatever happend to the times they would close my eyes when they were kissing in movies?
what happened to watching Gullah-Gullah island and barney and nick Jnr?





i remember wanting to grow up so fast, couldn't wait to start wearing bras, using make up, wearing high heels,driving myself. I just couldn't wait to be an adult.. NOW I MISS MY CHILDHOOD



1 comment: